About New Lifestyles New Lifestyles is a premier emerging adult program for 18-26 year olds in Winchester, VA, just 1.5 hours from Washington D.C. Living in homes nestled within the historic section of this city, attending college or community college, and working, volunteering, and engaging in social and recreational activities, participants experience the challenges of everyday life. The successful client at New Lifestyles is clinically intensive, but not acute. New Lifestyles restores hope in those who come to us seeking more meaningful lives and a mission to make it happen and:
- who recognizes the need for clinically intensive services;
- who wants to identify life-long themes and patterns that are impacting the ability to create and maintain friendships and other relationships;
- who wants no longer to be labeled or stigmatized by participating in one more “therapeutic program;”
- who is challenged and prepared to take the risks to try something new;
- who feels out of place, but believes something different is possible; and
- who wants more than anything to find someway to create a niche in the world and still hold on to some of that special or quirky something that defines who she, he or ze is.
Introducing The zE House
New Lifestyles now offers an additional housing option to all clients. The zE House, designed as a welcoming, inclusive, gender-expansive environment will provide New Lifestyles clients a safe home in which to explore gender identity and preferences on their own terms, and at their own pace. The zE House is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in the culturally rich college community of Winchester, VA. that includes an active PFLAG chapter, numerous LGBTQ friendly supports and medical services. Of course, additional, cutting edge, LGBTQ services, support, resources and political activity are available in the nearby, invigorating, metro, Washington, DC hub.
NATSAP is proud to shine the spotlight on our wonderful member programs. If you would like to participate, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your program description.